Collier News Article: 5 Skid Steer Attachments that Make Farming Easier
August 2, 2018
Skid Steer Attachments For Farming
Farming attachments on skid steer loaders are mostly used for moving dirt. However, they also have a couple more applications. Some attachments work as mowers and some as a pulverisers. A rotary broom sweeps trash and debris, tree shear and brush cutterhelp tackle hedgerows, a rotary tiller helps prepare gardens and an auger helps in making deep holes for fences and planting trees. In some cases, a skid steer attachment can be also used for steering sick cattle. The best part about these attachments for the agriculture sector is that their uses are unlimited.
Skid Steer Attachments for Agriculture
A skid steer attachment certainly serves different in agriculture including:
- Grapple buckets
- Bale handler
- Manure scraper
- Calf corral
- Manure bucket
- Livestock feed pusher
- Bale spear carriage
- Brush cutters
- Feed bucket
- Pallet forks
- Rotary cultivators
- Grading attachments
Most Popular Skid Steer Attachments
- General Purpose Bucket: This is the most common attachment and is found on every farm. It offers a high tear force thanks to the shorter bottom plate. Buckets come with every steer lifter hence why they are so popular. The bucket is used for loading gravel and sand, and any other heavy materials, which require effort to be lifted off from the ground.
- Bale Spear: Simply pierce the hay bale, lift and carry it from one point to the other. When buying a bale spear, make sure the spear is long enough that it pierces the hay bale three quarters.
- Manure Forks: This attachment is multipurpose. If it has an overhead clamp or grapple, it can clean hay and manure. The grapple also ensures there won’t be any spillage.
- Silage Defacer: This attachment loosens silage from bunkers or silos. It also allows you to maintain a smooth surface and the original cut length of the silage. Moreover, it reduces spillage.
- Slurry Bucket: The slurry bucket is similar to the general purpose bucket but doesn’t have any teeth. It can scoop up wet manure easily.
Get them from Delta Equipment
Since these attachments are so common, they are easily available online on websites such as deltaequipment.com.au. Depending on how big your farm is or the agricultural land you are looking after, Delta Equipment will certainly help you choose the right solution.
Final advice: when choosing a skit steer mini loader, pay attention to its functionality, especially the torque and horsepower. Both of these aspects are quite important and so will determine how fast the lifter works.
For the full article see Collier News